International Day of Happiness – March 20th
March 20th is International Day of Happiness, a worldwide celebration of what matters to us: family, friends, relationships, food and love!
7th Annual Worldwide Happiness Dinners – Awesome!
The Worldwide Happiness Dinners are an annual, fun (and delicious) way to celebrate the day and what matters most to you. It’s not too early to put International Day of Happiness in your calendar for March 20, 2021! Join the Conversation that leads to Action!
What truly matters?
Here’s some of what was shared at the second annual Worldwide Happiness Dinner:
- ‘health, love, family and friends’
- ‘enjoying moments like a sunset or a sun dawn or the view from a mountain after hiking up’
- ‘feeling like you are making a difference’
- ‘freedom…of spirit, to share ideas, to be accountable, to evolve’
- ‘faith in God, home, laughter and music the international language’
- ‘a sense of safety and security in the future’
How it Works
- Register to host a Worldwide Happiness Dinner on or around International Day of Happiness, March 20th.
- Invite friends and/or family to join an in-person or virtual party. Make it a celebration of happiness – dress it up!
- On the day of your event, send out a link to your virtual gathering or plan a socially-distanced in-person meal – whatever works for you.
- You set aside a good chunk of time to have a meaningful conversation, using our guidelines. We have a new set of questions for those who wish to go deeper into finding common ground. You choose the set of questions that are right for you and your group.
- Make as many ‘serious about happiness’ signs as you like and take a group photo – this works well on virtual platforms, too!
- Your group submits a photo and, if agreeable to the group, some conversation points or clips of video to us via email for sharing.
- Please help us get the word out! Share on Facebook. #WorldHappinessDinner We anticipate dinners and conversations happening around the country…around the world!
Happiness Dinners was selected to be part of the #HappyActs campaign by Live Happy Magazine. #HappyActs is a fun, easy way to focus on positive acts and engage people in an activity that becomes part of a global movement.
Find daily ideas for #HappyActs and science-based facts behind why you get that warm, fuzzy feeling every time you do a small act of kindness on their calendar.